Veritas & Vignettes

A place to discuss the truth and humour in the world around us. Truth IS stranger than fiction.

Friday, February 16, 2007

Ten things for which I am thankful...on my 29th Birthday

Thanks for the idea Jessie!!!


10) I am thankful that I woke up this morning and there was snow on the ground. The white covering is a beautiful reminder that God, even in barren times, makes all things beautiful.

9) I am thankful for my family and the way that God, time and experience has allowed us to be a cohesive unit once more. Our season of purgatory is over.

8) I am thankful to have spent four years in the most beautiful, magical and overwhelming place I have ever known, Washington, DC. And for all the lessons that time and place brought with it.

7) I am thankful for girlfriends. I am thankful for Karyn, Kate, Connie, Julie, Shelley, Jessie, Amie, and Francie; for what they have taught me about being a woman, a woman of God, a chocolate lover, a race car driver, a red neck, a professional, a lover of pink and Tiffany’s blue and of course Little Debbie.

6) I am thankful for my health and for my renewed commitment to staying healthy so that I can accomplish in this lifetime whatever it is God has for me to do without fear or resignation, rather with resilience and exuberance.

5) I am thankful for The New Originals. I am thankful for the fun, love, laughter, quietude, struggle, and camaraderie I have discovered within their niche. For the renewed sense of expertise rejuvenated and no longer lying fallow. For the courage not to let a resource go untapped simply because I am afraid to use it at all. Thank you for exercising my demon!

4) I am thankful for the Thouret Family and their entire network of wonderful family and friends. Through my time with each and every member I have learned well-timed bombast, wisdom in the pursuit of knowledge, faith, patience, and most importantly for the lesson I have learned in how to receive and accept grace and caring from others. I am so entirely humbled by their benevolence that no words approach sufficiency.

3) I am thankful for the Crossroads youth group which, upon the moment of my return, opened its arms, pulled me in and put me straight back to work for Him with the young people I love more than my own life. This is my legacy, my treasure trove, the thing of which I am most proud and inspired by and the thing to which I commit my heart of hearts.

2) I am thankful for Travis, Julie, Joshua and Victoria. I am only half a person when I am not serving with you, laughing with you, praying with you and “doing life” with you. Thank you thank you thank you for loving me and letting me love you in return.

1) I am thankful for having the courage and good sense God gave me to know that I was braver than most when I chose to leave home and braver still to return when God opened the door knowing full well I had nothing left to prove other than that I know my Shepard’s voice and trust it fully.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home