Veritas & Vignettes

A place to discuss the truth and humour in the world around us. Truth IS stranger than fiction.

Thursday, June 23, 2011

When Push Comes to Shove - 2 Quotes That Mean Move On, Go Forward

This morning, as I walked into my place of business...I found my way to the library to return a copy of National Geographic I had borrowed earlier in the semester. On the 2nd floor wall there is a white board with a daily quotation.

Most days its inane or esoteric, and perhaps today I was looking for meaning. But this one was clearly meant for me to see. In Dan Rather's own words it read:

"A tough lesson in life that one has to learn is that not everybody wishes you well."

This stinks. But unfortunately...it is true. Be it misunderstanding or otherwise...it is human nature to fear what we don't understand, recoil at what we cannot control and rebut that which we find unfamiliar...even if its right.

Later this morning, the student government president came on the loud speaker with the announcements and quote of the day. Again these are 8th graders so its usually very vapid, a quote from Snoop Dogg or other such nonsense.

But today the voice of a child, in its child-like wisdom advised the whole school

"A couple: truly, madly, deeply in love will always find a way."

Well...it looks like we press on from here.


To my beloved...you are worth the striving. Always - Hanna Jane

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home